Regionalliga Mitte 2013

Alle anderen Teams mit Tackle Football
Casciaro
OLiner

Re: Regionalliga Mitte 2013

Beitrag von Casciaro »

I thought the Langen Knights were very impressive. They had a great attitude and are a very young team. I was especially impressed with the Coaches on the sideline who continued to coach, keep the players calm and keep their heads up until the final whistle. In the past, I myself have failed to do that and allowed my team to crumble and argue when behind. I was also impressed with the young QB who kept slinging it and finding ways to make things work. I was NOT impressed that HT went for a 2 point conversion with 3 minutes left in the game and up by 30 (51-22). That is not exactly good sportsmanship, unless you are Woody Hayes (Ohio State)...who famously said once in a game against Michigan..."I went for two because I couldn't go for three!" Maybe that was the case here?
Coach Mike

"Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work" - Vince Lombardi
bordon5
DLiner

Beitrag von bordon5 »

@Mike: This is Mario, I'm the HC of the Twister and I tell you right away that you should mind your business.

We went for two-points after the last TD because we had our Kicker out for the Game and no replacement for him, thats all.
We gave the Ball to a Rookie RB and went on a simple dive through the middle, nothing fancy. Should we have taken a knee in that situation?

And talking about sportmanship: How sportsman were you when you talked to the sideline of Langen to give them advises for running offense plays?

How sportsman was one of your players who plays LB when your Bulldogs Juniors played in Baden before our Game with the seniors and talking about my QB and how to take his knees out on purpose to injury him when our teams play each other? He didn't know who I was, because I was standing right next to him not dressed as a Twister Coach and he was talking to some other Ludwigsburg senior players who were there as fans or staff.

I think you have enough issues to concern about your team! And if you have questions what we did and why, write me directly.
Casciaro
OLiner

Beitrag von Casciaro »

@Mario...yes, I would have taken a knee in that situation and would not have passed the next time I had the ball either, but hey, go for it. Let's not throw stones about what our players said, or did, because I can list alot as well. You are not golden. But you have a great team so enjoy it, just be humble about it. I will write you a note and tell you all about it.
Coach Mike

"Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work" - Vince Lombardi
ATigersClaw

Beitrag von ATigersClaw »

:shock:
Casciaro
OLiner

Beitrag von Casciaro »

Note sent...
Coach Mike

kobold
OLiner

Beitrag von kobold »

you would knee down, coach mike?! please show us the next time you have a 30 point advance :)
R0adrunner
DLiner

Beitrag von R0adrunner »

kobold hat geschrieben:you would knee down, coach mike?! please show us the next time you have a 30 point advance :)
Ob das in nächster Zeit vorkommt ist zweifelhaft.
LuBu hat ja schon gegen BB gespielt...
Casciaro
OLiner

Beitrag von Casciaro »

Unfortunately I have not have a 30 point lead, but last year I did and yes, we knelt, go look at the film!
Coach Mike

ATigersClaw

At least it doesn't seem like this forum is going to be boring during our (HT) summer break :).
lorenzo
Defensive Back

Beitrag von lorenzo »

Casciaro hat geschrieben:... would not have passed the next time I had the ball either...
the way langen played run defense passing was the more sportsmanlike option! so no running up the score...literally :wink:
Mike Ditka über Brett Favre:
"This Guy is unbelievable throwing the football, you can´t do nothing about it."
altermann
Defensive Back

Beitrag von altermann »

Ich persönlich finde es sportlicher ein Spiel zu ende zu spielen, als hier auf nen Extrapoint zu verzichten und nem Rookie RB nen Ball in den Bauch zu drücken, so dass er auch ein bisschen mehr Footballfieber bekommt ist auch nicht sehr unsportlich....

Hätte den Twister(s) nen Onside Kick o. ä. probiert könnte ich das ja verstehen; aber ne Conversion ist doch OK, vor allem mit Back Ups.
nateboy
OLiner

Beitrag von nateboy »

Also running up the score ist für mich was anderes, wobei sich in der dritten Liga niemand über sowas beschweren sollte. Jeder spielt dort freiwillig und hat sich entschieden die Herausforderung anzunehmen. Die Beschwerde kam ja auch nicht aus Langen, sondern aus der Ludwigsburger Ecke. Wohl hat dort jemand was gegen Holzgerlingen. Ich denke der Headcoach hat es ja gut begründet, ohne Kicker fällt halt das kicken nicht mehr so leicht. Und der Pass am Schluss war beim 3 und 30 um den Drive am leben zu halten damit die Backups weiter Spielzeit bekommen. Also alles nicht so schlimm wie bei "Cascario" beschrieben. Jungs lasst ihn einfach reden.
ATigersClaw

Um wieder mal auf das Wesentliche dieses Threads zurückzukommen, die Tipps für das kommende Wochenende :).

13.07.13 15:30 Freiburg Sacristans vs. Montabaur Fighting Farmers

MFF sieht für mich nach einem recht soliden Team aus. Ich hab sie leider bisher nur einmal gesehen und das war gegen BB. Es schien mir aber, dass sie dort einen schlechten Tag erwischt hatten. FS kenne ich nun schon von einigen Begegnungen und auch wenn sie einige "sichere" Spiele -wider Erwarten- verloren haben, sind sie meines Erachtens eins der besseren Teams dieser Liga. Daher glaube ich auch, dass FS ein Quäntchen (Schreibt man das so?) besser ist als MFF und daher den Sieg davon tragen wird. Die Ausnahme wäre natürlich, wenn sich FS wieder so einen Tag wie gegen BG oder LK erlaubt aber das glaube ich nicht. FS + 13

14.07.13 15:00 Langen Knights vs. Gießen Golden Dragons

LK spielt für einen Aufsteiger ziemlich gut und hat einen jungen aber abgeklärten QB. Jedoch fehlt solch einem Aufsteiger noch etwas die Erfahrung, etwas Technik und auch Kadertiefe. Trotz all den "Nachteilen" legt LK eine beachtliche erste Saison in der Regio hin. Auch GGD bietet eine sehr solide Leistung aber iwie fällt es mir schwer sie einzuschätzen oder etwas über sie zu schreiben. Das Hinspiel ging 31:14 für GGD aus und so ähnlich schätze ich auch das Ergebnis des Rückspiels ein. GGD + 12
kwakz
Rookie

Beitrag von kwakz »

Casciaro hat geschrieben:yes, I would have taken a knee in that situation and would not have passed the next time I had the ball either, but hey, go for it.
Und deswegen wirst Du auch immer in der Bauernliga bleiben mit Deinem Team. Ist Dir eigentlich bewusst, dass in Deutschland Spiele auch unentschieden ausgehen können? Mal als Gedankenspiel: Darmstadt und Holzgerlingen bleiben weiter ungeschlagen und trennen sich im direkten Vergleich unentschieden. Nun gucken wir mal, ob Du selbst darauf kommst, nach welchen Regeln dann die Reihenfolge in der Abschlusstabelle festgelegt wird.
gladiator
OLiner

Re: AW: Regionalliga Mitte 2013

Beitrag von gladiator »

Punktdifferenz im Spiel ;)
Antworten