Ex Surge QB speaks out

Eine Liga von Franchises...
Antworten
FlagFootballSaint
Runningback

Ex Surge QB speaks out

Beitrag von FlagFootballSaint »

Sehr interessante Einsichten eines Langzeit-Amis in Europa. Wo sieht er die ELF und wie sieht er sie im Vergleich zu den anderen europäischen Ligen in denen er bereits gespielt hat:

"I've played in a few countries and multiple leagues (Denmark, Germany, Czech Republic). I think the ELF does some things really well.

-It's the most talented league and best teams in Europe

-They do a great job marketing the league which contributes to the sport growing in Europe

-Compared to the rest of Europe, it's certainly one of the most fun leagues to play in. The competition is good, everyone is either fully or semi professional which creates a great atmosphere, and the fans are awesome.

As far as negative things, of course there is room for improvement. With a start up, there's always going to be hiccups and I think the ELF has had it's fair share of mishaps. (the jersey situation, team gear, merchandise, some travel snafus, etc) I think what is hard for imports is they are comparing it to America. In America, football is king and even as a lower division college player you are treated extremely well. As an American collegiate athlete/football player you are used to having everything catered to you, everything organized, good coaching, etc.

When you come to Europe, it's obviously different. For a lot of Europeans that coach and play football, it's their part time job. So, for Americans/imports having everything you want whenever you want it isn't a reality anymore. Also, it's a little "unorganized" compared to the States. For some imports, that's really hard to get used to. I think if you go into it knowing it'll be different than America you will do ok. However, I will say this...having played in multiple countries across Europe, the ELF does the best job of being professional hands down. There's a lot of room for improvement and growth. But, as the league grows and generates more revenue, I have no doubt it will continue to develop into a more professional league.

The greatest setback for the league as I see it is also the league's greatest strength right now. The ELF made American football in Europe "professional" by paying all of its players and adopting a franchise model. However, if the league wants to be around long term they must start paying people more. This way they can get better full time coaches and players. If this happens, the quality of the league will improve thus making the game even more enjoyable for fans. If that happens, the league could turn into something special. I understand that's not feasible right now but the league must make that jump in the next couple years if it wishes to last long term.

Edit: You can see the evidence of my last paragraph in the successful teams this season. Barcelona went and hired full times coaches. They are having major success. Vienna has full time people on staff and they are having success. The same goes for the Raiders and Fire. If you want a successful team, you must willing to pay for one. And this starts with full time coaches on staff."
Phorcus
Linebacker

Re: Ex Surge QB speaks out

Beitrag von Phorcus »

FlagFootballSaint hat geschrieben: Do Jul 21, 2022 11:12 Sehr interessante Einsichten eines Langzeit-Amis in Europa. Wo sieht er die ELF und wie sieht er sie im Vergleich zu den anderen europäischen Ligen in denen er bereits gespielt hat:

"I've played in a few countries and multiple leagues (Denmark, Germany, Czech Republic). I think the ELF does some things really well.

-They do a great job marketing the league which contributes to the sport growing in Europe

-Compared to the rest of Europe, it's certainly one of the most fun leagues to play in. The competition is good, everyone is either fully or semi professional which creates a great atmosphere, and the fans are awesome.

As far as negative things, of course there is room for improvement. With a start up, there's always going to be hiccups and I think the ELF has had it's fair share of mishaps. (the jersey situation, team gear, merchandise, some travel snafus, etc) I think what is hard for imports is they are comparing it to America. In America, football is king and even as a lower division college player you are treated extremely well. As an American collegiate athlete/football player you are used to having everything catered to you, everything organized, good coaching, etc.

When you come to Europe, it's obviously different. For a lot of Europeans that coach and play football, it's their part time job. So, for Americans/imports having everything you want whenever you want it isn't a reality anymore. Also, it's a little "unorganized" compared to the States. For some imports, that's really hard to get used to. I think if you go into it knowing it'll be different than America you will do ok. However, I will say this...having played in multiple countries across Europe, the ELF does the best job of being professional hands down. There's a lot of room for improvement and growth. But, as the league grows and generates more revenue, I have no doubt it will continue to develop into a more professional league.

The greatest setback for the league as I see it is also the league's greatest strength right now. The ELF made American football in Europe "professional" by paying all of its players and adopting a franchise model. However, if the league wants to be around long term they must start paying people more. This way they can get better full time coaches and players. If this happens, the quality of the league will improve thus making the game even more enjoyable for fans. If that happens, the league could turn into something special. I understand that's not feasible right now but the league must make that jump in the next couple years if it wishes to last long term.

Edit: You can see the evidence of my last paragraph in the successful teams this season. Barcelona went and hired full times coaches. They are having major success. Vienna has full time people on staff and they are having success. The same goes for the Raiders and Fire. If you want a successful team, you must willing to pay for one. And this starts with full time coaches on staff."
Das ist ja insgesamt keine neue Feststellung was er da schreibt. Wenn du Kohle hast, kannst du dir eine solide Organisation mit Vollzeitangestelten leisten hast du weniger oder kaum Budget ist es schon schnell nicht mehr so professionell. Und auch mit der Aussage das Trainer und Spieler mehr als 3 bis 4 Monats Verträge brauchen damit sie das ganze Jahr an ihren Fähigkeiten arbeiten können stimmt auch, kostet aber eine menge Holz wenn man das auf das gesamte Team anwenden möchte.
altalanos_igazgato
Defensive Back

Re: Ex Surge QB speaks out

Beitrag von altalanos_igazgato »

Phorcus hat geschrieben:
FlagFootballSaint hat geschrieben: Do Jul 21, 2022 11:12 Sehr interessante Einsichten eines Langzeit-Amis in Europa. Wo sieht er die ELF und wie sieht er sie im Vergleich zu den anderen europäischen Ligen in denen er bereits gespielt hat:

Das ist ja insgesamt keine neue Feststellung was er da schreibt. Wenn du Kohle hast, kannst du dir eine solide Organisation mit Vollzeitangestelten leisten hast du weniger oder kaum Budget ist es schon schnell nicht mehr so professionell. Und auch mit der Aussage das Trainer und Spieler mehr als 3 bis 4 Monats Verträge brauchen damit sie das ganze Jahr an ihren Fähigkeiten arbeiten können stimmt auch, kostet aber eine menge Holz wenn man das auf das gesamte Team anwenden möchte.
Coaches brauchen Ganzjahresverträge, weil niemand wegen 4 Monaten seinen Job kündigt.
Az igazi általános ember :mrgreen:
Antworten